Monday, August 9, 2010

Pirates 4 Teaser: Epic Fail for Bruckheimer Machine

I had heard that there was a teaser trailer of sorts at Comic Con for the 4th installment of the Pirates franchise. My niece had also told me that it was among the previews for Toy Story 3 this summer, so I went foraging around the web and found it. What's on even stranger tides, I am not able to share it by embedding the video here. You Tube had a message that "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Jerry Bruckheimer Films." Why make it so difficult?

Talk about missing a possible viral opportunity. I am not sure I understand why Disney wouldn't want the "Jack Sparrow Recruitment Clip" out there circulating easily and creating buzz for the film. Considering it's going to be Jack-centric without the annoyances of Elizabeth and Will, it will be highly anticipated anyway, but some silly clips like this one would be smart marketing.

This link will set you on course with the teaser and behind he scenes videos of the shoot in Hawaii. Pirates 4 Teaser Etc.



Up this week: another summer movie review: "Salt".

No comments:

Post a Comment